Marty over at SQUIDDLED THOUGHTS posted today on where to go to make a submission on the proposed WA Shark Hazard Mitigation Drum Line Program 2014 – 2017. If its something you are interested in or care about then its worth taking a look.
The Environmental Protection Agency in Western Australian are now accepting submissions for public comment on the proposed WA Shark Hazard Mitigation Drum Line Program 2014 – 2017.
- I like sharks.
- Many species of non-target sharks are captured on drum lines.
- Other forms of marine life such as whales and turtles could become entangled.
- Great White Sharks, one of the “target” species, are listed as vulnerable under Western Australia’s legislation (Wildlife Conservation Act 1950 (Western Australia)). Great White Sharks are also listed as vulnerable under national legislation (Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999).
- Shark control programs such as those implemented in NSW and Qld have not significantly reduced shark attacks.
- Many, many more people die…
View original post 118 more words